About Your Herbalist
Traditional western medicine isn’t enough for you or your child. Wading through alternatives to the western model is confusing and exhausting. There are so many modalities to choose from.
And too often you are left to choose between a holistic approach and a practitioner that is gender-affirming and Queer-celebrating.
I’m here to help you simplify this process. You can have both.
My name is Rebecca Francesca Cariati (they/them) and I’m a licensed acupuncturist, herbalist, Queer, nonbinary-femme, and a parent. I know what it feels like to be looking for relief knowing that in order to really go deep, you need to bring your whole self to the table.
A bit about me:
- I founded Spectrum Chinese Medicine after a gazillion microagressions and feeling invisibilized in the holistic medicine community.
- In my twenties, I suffered from relentless tension headaches, fatigue, anxiety, and depression. A friend recommended an acupuncturist and herbalist. I balked at the idea, but driven by both pain and a smidge of hope, I booked the appointment and it changed my life.
- After eight years of “getting by”, I was able to live again because of this medicine. And there’s no reason you can’t, too.
- The incredible power of Chinese (herbal) Medicine is understood and respected throughout East Asia, but not here on Turtle Island. I’m out to change that, because it works so darn well.
- Working with me is easy: your care plan contains the highest impact recommendations for you that seamlessly integrate into your daily routine. The main piece is taking the herbal formula designed just for you, three times/day.
- To me, you’re a collaborator, not a patient.
- I only take clients I can help. If we’re not a match, I’ll refer you out so you can find the care you need.
- I run a specialty clinic, Refuge Acupuncture, in Burlington, VT (Abenaki Territories). There I serve families from newborns, to teenagers, adults and elders. Spectrum Chinese Medicine allows me to see Queers and their families outside of my immediate local area.